Next TourMon 14 - Sun 20 February 2022
- Friendly & Accommodating Tour Escort
- 1 Night Accommodation — Lakes Entrance
- 5-Nights Accommodation — Merimbula
- Breakfast Days 2-7
- Lunch Days 1-3 & 6-7
- Dinner Days 1-6
- Morning Tea Day 1 & 7
- All Entries/Admissions as indicated in Itinerary
- 2-hour Cruise, Lakes Entrance
- Tour — Wheelers Oyster Farm
- Entry & Train Ride — Potoroo Palace
- Mogo Zoo
- Tastings — Bega Cheese Heritage Centre
- Entry & Tour — Montreal Goldfield, Bermagui
- 2-hour Two-fold Bay Cruise (Cat Balou)
- Entry & Guided Tour — Eden Killer Whale Museum
- Guided Tour of Eden Township
Our first night is spent in the seaside resort and fishing port, Lakes Entrance at the Bellevue on the Lakes Hotel. The next morning we take a 2-hour Cruise on the Gippsland Lakes before heading to Merimbula to the Comfort Inn, Merimbula for a 5 night stay.
We start Day 3 at Potoroo Palace for a Talk and Train Ride (Animal Encounters are Optional, at own expense) followed by a visit to the Merimbula Whart Aquarium for lunch and a look around. We end our day at Wheelers Oyster Farm, for a Tasting and Tour.
We are up early for breakfast on Day 4, as we are off to the Mogo Wildlife Park, a small privately owned Zoo. After enjoying Lunch (at own expense) in the township of Mogo, we make our way back to Merimbula. Stopping at the village of Cobargo for free-time to wander their quaint streets filled with buildings that house local craftspeople.
Day 5 sees us travel to Bega for tastings and museum visit at the Bega Cheese Heritage Centre. Onwards to the village of Central Tilba for a wander around this quaint little village and purchase lunch (at own expense), before we depart for Bermagui. This afternoon we are going on a tour of the Montreal Goldfield.
The beautiful seaside town of Eden is our Day 6 destination. On arrival we take a 2-hour Twofold Bay Cruise, followed by a short coach tour around Eden. After lunch at the Wharfside Café, we visit the Eden Killer Whale Museum and 'Old Tom' a killer whale. Read the story of how Old Tom helped fisherman for almost four decades catch Baleen Whales.
Our final day is spent travelling back to Melbourne, stopping for a farewell lunch in Bairnsdale.
$1,635 per person (twin/double share)
$1,956 per person (single)